I would like to suggest the following creative outlets for those of you who will not be professional artists. It is important to have artsiness and creativity in your life, or your brain chemistry will go off after decades of lack of it.
- Men: landscaping, and dressing themselves. Men need to dress appropriate for the situation, authentic to themselves, aware of politics, and having fun with it. They can be as creative as they want with the landscaping outside of their home.
- Women: cooking and setting the table, and cleaning and decorating their home. When women dress well it is not to be creative–it is to feel normal (according to their normal) and/or safe. Dressing to express themselves is for date nights at home–and there is nothing wrong in wearing a dress and jewelry to a home-cooked meal, or having a theme for the table decorations.
I think everyone in the art world would like to encourage the development of the following industries:
- Event-planning: this is to help the business world with work and personal events they put on for each other. It is also for high-end events for everyone else–like weddings.
- Community Event-planning: this involves creating activities for the public and for dates out–like festivals, fairs, and art events.
- Party-planning: this is event planning for individuals who are not in the business world, or who are having a low-key event that they don’t want to plan themselves–for various reasons, including to avert jealousy.
- Special Event-planning: this is planning events for the government and for the public that need to be politically astute.
If you do one or more of the above four, you can call yourself an ‘event planner.’
Thanks, Lilly Lekhan, Poet and Founder of The Sweetest Art List